(@bigkie)
Prominent Member

Again mate a thing of beauty. Make me one!!! :whistle:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/01/2013 4:18 pm

dcheetham89
(@dcheetham89)
Reputable Member

Breath taking bit of custom work my friend, its a real credit to you. If my customs turn out to be 10% as good as yours I'll be happy, hope you get all the great play you deserve out of it :D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/01/2013 10:10 pm

cdfw
 cdfw
(@cdfw)
Reputable Member

Stunning piece of custom work.. All credit to you.
N.B.
Warren... If you are following this thread, there is a huge gap in the market for one of these!

'Non adepto demens. Adepto etiam'
War does not show who is right, only who is left..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/01/2013 10:40 pm

(@warren)
Noble Member

haha :) i am and i,d like one as well :)
very nice ;)

team shoot and scoot, TL

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/01/2013 11:13 pm

(@jimmiroquai)
Estimable Member

Thanks! Actually, on hindsight, it would be possible to make the receiver as tiny as the real one but a bit wider. Gearbox would have to be version 3 with a custom motorcage and contained in the stock. You would then have to fabricate a very long nozzle and a hop chamber as well. I'm not sure what the effect on available air volume a loooong nozzle would have though.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/01/2013 12:42 am

JD7
 JD7
(@jd7)
Illustrious Member

Fantastic, I love it

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/02/2013 8:26 pm

dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

Thanks! Actually, on hindsight, it would be possible to make the receiver as tiny as the real one but a bit wider. Gearbox would have to be version 3 with a custom motorcage and contained in the stock. You would then have to fabricate a very long nozzle and a hop chamber as well. I'm not sure what the effect on available air volume a loooong nozzle would have though.

extra long nozzles rob the power and the weight of them puts far higher stress on the tappet plate,that's not to say it wont work ,just a lot higher rate spring and associated additional strain on internal parts and gear case.
really nice job ,well done.

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/02/2013 10:01 pm

(@jimmiroquai)
Estimable Member

Thanks! Yes, i agree about the long nozzle. the longer it is, the more dead space. That's why i just opted for enlarging the receiver enough to fit a gearbox right at the feed port, hoping it didn't detract to much from the overall look.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/02/2013 11:42 pm

(@jimmiroquai)
Estimable Member

Finally took it oout to a game after the looong wait. Needs an upgrade to make it shoot better. Hop adjustment was a little fiddly, But iron sights were dead on the spot. :) Handles great too. Tacticool carry is just so natural with this gun that i can't think of anyway else to carry it.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/06/2013 12:48 am

(@komrade)
Honorable Member

Great work!!! :happyclap:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/06/2013 7:57 pm

Onkelmann
(@onkelmann)
Eminent Member

Wow! That is really great work!

ReplyQuote