Notifications
Clear all

Side specific forums

Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member

Wondering when side specific forums will go up

apart from the 1st game 3 years ago when i played as US infantry, ive been a jerry ever since

now im going russain, id like to have a good chinwag with the other russains without fritz`s beady eyes looking :lol:

whats going to be odd, is playing against the germans who ive come to know and like over the last 3 years. (though im glad to have a bash on the other side it will seem strange)

the mad thing is, ive met people on here a few times in the last 3 years , maybe only 3 or 4 times, but i think of them as friends,
such is the level of camraderie in the games.

ive not felt the same way since i was in the forces, there are players who i trust to get things done, and although its a game, im happy for them to watch my back, also, i feel bad to let them down.

on the open days when a guy says, "go here", "do that" , "ill cover you" i take it with a pinch of salt, but at the CIA outings, its different, everyone (usually) seems of a much higher standard

anyways im rambleing again , (verbally not walking) so any chance of a peoples forum for us soviets to discuss vodka, bortcsh and mustaches :good:

"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison

Topic starter Posted : 10/11/2009 11:36 am

PD
 PD
(@_pd_)
Honorable Member

Spoons - discuss spoons. Once you realise the true importance of a combat spoon and how best to employ it - You can call yourself aparatchick with pride....... trust me - In Deutsche circles I am Der Loffelmeister! All Soviets Fear me! :happydance:

LOOK! I ham now four meggle man!
A001

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/11/2009 4:00 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Indeed. In the famous scene in "Stalingrad", Leutnant Von Witzland was nearly killed with a spoon.

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/11/2009 4:08 pm

Poacher
(@poacher)
Noble Member

My spoon will be with me, ready for combat.
Do spoon kills count like knife kills in airsoft?

aka Stigroadie

AFRA
better by design

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/11/2009 4:09 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Spoons being particularly blunt are safe and a good bet as rubber knives aren't much practical use when it comes to paring slices of potato (or preserved sausage).
Other contents of cutlery drawers will need organiser approval. I'll say straight away that fishslices are OK (used in a whacking motion) but garlic crushers aren't.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/11/2009 4:25 pm

Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member

i saw lock stock and two barrels fo rthe first time last week,(very funny film, love then bren gun bit) but it gave me an idea :idea:
I thinking about a large black rubber cock, for "Stealth kills" or would this be too dangerous

if a player was wearing a helmet, whack em over the loaf, or if they are in a soft hat i could just prod them with it :whistle:

"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/11/2009 9:07 pm

(@old-un)
Illustrious Member

Spooning ...did they do that in the war as well ? :kiss:

ps it's called a spatula not a fish slice

pps we generally don't bother with side forums anymore, orders and briefings are given on the day and normally people are expected to follow them , rather than pre plan the game in advance in private . Worked well at Aerial

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/11/2009 10:38 pm

Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

we generally don't bother with side forums anymore, orders and briefings are given on the day and normally people are expected to follow them , rather than pre plan the game in advance in private . Worked well at Aerial

Absolutely. A stirring (and slightly menacing :twisted: ) speech from the commanders should be enough! There's very little that could be discussed in private anyway, the Eastern Front battles were hardly renowned for their subtlety.

When I want your opinion - I'll tell you what it is!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/11/2009 12:16 am

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Yes, no need for private forums; here are those speeches in full:

Russian commander: on the count of three, charge headlong at the enemy, shouting "URRAAAAHH!"

German commander: don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/11/2009 8:20 am

slick63
(@slick63)
Noble Member

i saw lock stock and two barrels fo rthe first time last week,(very funny film, love then bren gun bit) but it gave me an idea :idea:
I thinking about a large black rubber cock, for "Stealth kills" or would this be too dangerous

if a player was wearing a helmet, whack em over the loaf, or if they are in a soft hat i could just prod them with it :whistle:

Had me chuckling :giggle:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/11/2009 11:05 am

webby
(@webby)
Famed Member

Yes, no need for private forums; here are those speeches in full:

Russian commander:

"We're gonna shoot you in the back if you take 1 step closer this way.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/11/2009 1:15 pm

Share: