Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Gunz & stuff

Page 2 / 2

Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

ah from experience with my VSR, 362 fps with .25s should be about 405fps with .2s.... you'll be fine as a sniper.

(edited after using fps calculator)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2009 2:53 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

362fps @ .25g = 1.52J = 405fps @ .2g

Non-period is OK. If you have to use , you have to use it, its not like you will be waving it around all game....

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/06/2009 2:54 pm

HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

That makes it 1.51j.

This link states that a gun firing a .2g bb at 1.49j is firing at around 400fps, so you can put your gun at 400fps or higher using 0.2g bbs

The Arnie's Airsoft calculator states that a gun firings .25g bbs at 1.51j should have an effective range of about 50m. Although there are many factors that will affect effective range!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2009 3:03 pm

Broadsword
(@broadsword)
Estimable Member

Have you guys got a chrono that you will be bringing ?

As for pistols, I'll try and keep it hidden unless I am threatened at close range. Or I can bring my blank firing 45 and blast away with that :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2009 3:35 pm

Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

The site has a chrono.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2009 3:43 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

For those that wan to have a play with fps / J / g calculations: http://asgcalc.hollved.com/us/index.php

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/06/2009 4:22 pm

(@old-un)
Illustrious Member

Have you guys got a chrono that you will be bringing ?

As for pistols, I'll try and keep it hidden unless I am threatened at close range. Or I can bring my blank firing 45 and blast away with that :)

Yes we have several of our own chronos . We tend to get them out on request rather than wave them around if that makes sense. See me / Chomers the night before if you want to chrono anything .

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2009 6:13 pm

PD
 PD
(@_pd_)
Honorable Member

Well it seems I shall be mostly using my MP40 as the Springer project K98 i got will not be ready before December at least it seems......
So it's NCO type get up and MpiTaschen....... :roll:

And loads of Granaten!!!!!!!

LOOK! I ham now four meggle man!
A001

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2009 7:02 pm

Kermit
(@kermit)
Famed Member

And loads of Granaten!!!!!!!

Loads as in?

Handful
Slack handful
Bucketload
Shitload
An Imperial Fuckton

Oh wait a sec, TLSFX................hmmm. Gonna have to create a new unit of measurement for that amount of pyro :twisted:

When we were a Kingdom it was run by a King
When we were an Empire it was run by an Empress
Now we're a country we're run by a..........

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2009 7:45 pm

Broadsword
(@broadsword)
Estimable Member

That's assuming it's in one piece by then John. Doesn't it ???

Well if it all goes tits-up I have 4 grenades left over from last weekend !

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2009 10:43 am

PD
 PD
(@_pd_)
Honorable Member

To answer the pyro question I have several Nepalese bearers engaged to follow me around and pass the required pyrotechnic for the task at hand when required. It's costing me 12 Baat each per day and I think it's £8.00 well spent!

A lovely Maruzen P38 arrived today..... Just gotta get it home and check the mag works. If it does I'm sorted for the last stand or kneckschussdienst :shock: (selbstmord of course - I'm not Jochen Peiper you know! :whistle: )

Having shot everything, driven most things, clambered into everything, visited everywhere spoken to God and read the t shirt seen the book and written the movie - I'm VERY excited at the prospect of my first CiA experience.......

LOOK! I ham now four meggle man!
A001

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2009 1:00 pm

HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

Yes, the Guy/Kermit spit-roast is something to behold and is our official initiation process, so you're in for a double treat!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2009 1:33 pm

Kermit
(@kermit)
Famed Member

Spitroast is off the menu that weekend - it was ruled as "a cruel and unusual punishment" under the ECHR.

However, we have thought of something far more painful as an initiation process - watching anything that Screen WM had a hand in :wink: :twisted:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2009 1:55 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

:rofl:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/06/2009 1:56 pm

HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

Ooooh, harsh. That means the next series of Survivors and Hustle are off the cards, both filming with us at the moment.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2009 1:59 pm

Kermit
(@kermit)
Famed Member

You say that like its a bad thing? :roll: :lol:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2009 2:05 pm

Barrie and Anne
(@barrie-and-anne)
Noble Member

For those that wan to have a play with fps / J / g calculations: http://asgcalc.hollved.com/us/index.php

I always get a blue screen of death whenever running that little program, so for anyone else with that problem, here's my spreadsheet which lists the max fps for common "weight" bbs to equate to the usual limits of 330fps, 350fps or 500fps for bolt actions.

-- attachment is not available --

This is all calculated using Energy = (half Mass) x (Velocity squared).

There's no table for the 400fps semi-auto only limit, because that's a myth propagated by people with semi-auto only guns.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/06/2009 8:57 am

Barrie and Anne
(@barrie-and-anne)
Noble Member

Now then, given that there will, hopefully, be a preponderance (word-of-the-day) of bolt actions could players please give a thought to power.

The last time I fiddled around with my No.4 to ostensibly "upgrade" it, I managed to b*gger up the hop and had to send it back to Warren to sort it out so I'm a bit reluctant to muck about with it again. I'll have to make do with a 1911 for close encounters, in my innaccessible pistol holster.

Anne will be using an M1 Garand, but at least it's a rifle.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/06/2009 9:23 am

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

For those that wan to have a play with fps / J / g calculations:

That's excellent, Barrie! :good: I've printed off a copy.

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/06/2009 9:31 am

Page 2 / 2

Share: