Notifications
Clear all

PDs Idea for a game becomes reality! Westwald/Ardennes Dec09

Page 2 / 5

Fandanglos
(@fandanglos)
Reputable Member

Sounds very interesting. Will wait for the details.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2009 8:46 pm
Helga Geerhart
(@helga-geerhart)
Famed Member

You can't go either if I can't, I'll hide the keys so he can't give you a lift

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2009 8:55 pm
JD7
 JD7
(@jd7)
Illustrious Member

bitch-keys - damn that's a new angle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2009 9:12 pm
Helga Geerhart
(@helga-geerhart)
Famed Member

hmmmm key bitch bitching the keys .....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2009 9:13 pm
Fandanglos
(@fandanglos)
Reputable Member

You will be in the car with us too. (maybe dressed as a nurse though)

....waits for incoming

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2009 9:17 pm
Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Del's good at hiding keys....

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2009 9:17 pm
Fandanglos
(@fandanglos)
Reputable Member

Del's good at hiding keys....

Forgot about that

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2009 9:30 pm
JD7
 JD7
(@jd7)
Illustrious Member

it was a safety plan so we didn't take out ALL the yanks at once.

Neil and I were supposed to swap at lunch time - only thing was I had sauerkraut und soft cheese on ryebrot - it fucked things up !!! dammit

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2009 9:35 pm
JD7
 JD7
(@jd7)
Illustrious Member

oh yeah, between listening to GrangeFarm FM, I happened to think, leaving my keys in the saftey of my boot was a good idea - all thanks to GADGE shouting " COME ON DEl, we've got 10 minutes go get all loaded up, with 13 minutes to spare - !!!!!!

Third Reich shiznitz - they must have foundout I'm a linkspaw - adolf and his fuckers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2009 9:39 pm
Gadge
(@gadge)
Illustrious Member

Ive put in my support and an offer to lend an mp40 to anyone whining about the prohibitive cost of airsoft (while still happy to spend £20 blatting off single magazine...)

"I think we are in rats' alley - Where the dead men lost their bones."

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/06/2009 1:06 pm
 stof
(@stof)
Prominent Member

Sounds good, I don't think fun is the right description ,but another step closer to complete immersion in the game , or in the trench given our usual December weather, hard to say I would definately up for it without knowing how much or where ,but very interested.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/06/2009 6:28 pm
Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

I'm definitely interested - maybe those who haven't done it before feel more like seeing if they can do it??

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/06/2009 9:18 pm
HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

The Operation Jedburgh game will be a gentle-ish initiation into the world of 24hr military realism, and will hopefully be a little more clement weather-wise, so have a go at that to start with, then move up if you think you can hack it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2009 9:59 am
PD
 PD
(@_pd_)
Honorable Member

The Operation Jedburgh game will be a gentle-ish initiation into the world of 24hr military realism, and will hopefully be a little more clement weather-wise, so have a go at that to start with, then move up if you think you can hack it.

Darned good advice that man.
Jed sounds like a damned good weekend - And rightly looks to be the next step on - The ambitious project that is "Westwald" will more or less be crapper weather and more support staff in an attempt to deepen the immersion - An actual "Behind the lines" hasn't been done before has it? Most folks wanna get trigger time in (and good on them I say!) so when others want to do non com roles it can only add to it - Can't it?) :D

LOOK! I ham now four meggle man!
A001

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/06/2009 2:26 pm
Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

Trigger time is actually the thing I'm not really bothered about at any event. Some of the best fun I've had at any event has involved not firing a single shot but where the suspense is there that you could have a contact at any second. We saw at Autumn Mist what happens when a minority go looking for trigger time, instead of sticking to their orders and trying to get in the right mindset.

When I want your opinion - I'll tell you what it is!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2009 3:18 pm
 Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

PD... will you be at the social the night before Operation Ariel?

If so, then I think we definitely should have a chat. :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2009 3:32 pm
Kermit
(@kermit)
Famed Member

Trigger time is actually the thing I'm not really bothered about at any event. Some of the best fun I've had at any event has involved not firing a single shot but where the suspense is there that you could have a contact at any second. We saw at Autumn Mist what happens when a minority go looking for trigger time, instead of sticking to their orders and trying to get in the right mindset.

Couldn't agree more. For me, the best aspect of CR was the patrolling. The tension builds up, and it stays there until you finally track the buggers down. Mind you, some people make it easy. A round uncamo'd Brit lid in the midst of a load of bracken does stand out somewhat, doesn't it Rich?

When we were a Kingdom it was run by a King
When we were an Empire it was run by an Empress
Now we're a country we're run by a..........

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2009 3:41 pm
HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

Indeed. My favourite moment at St Lo was paddling 100s of metres along a river with Heide and System-M to get behind enemy lines without firing a shot.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2009 3:46 pm
(@scaleyback)
Famed Member

Indeed. My favourite moment at St Lo was paddling 100s of metres along a river with Heide and System-M to get behind enemy lines without firing a shot.

the lost patrol was also a cracker, infact, i think, all morning i fired 2 locap tommy mags........

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2009 3:50 pm
 stof
(@stof)
Prominent Member

That makes sense ,unfortunately I have to work weekends and can only take so many off in a year and can't make to "Jedburgh" .Although the weather is likely to be worse its easier for me to get time off in the winter without losing money or leave entitlement.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2009 5:01 pm
Page 2 / 5
Share: