Notifications
Clear all

Questions

Page 3 / 3

(@wladek)
Famed Member

We only have it for Friday night and Saturday I am afraid. Sorry Poacher, if I had known (I know, how could one have known, but you know what I mean) then I would have happily extended our stay for you.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/08/2012 10:15 am
Poacher
(@poacher)
Noble Member

No probs, Mrs Miggins it is.

aka Stigroadie

AFRA
better by design

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2012 10:52 am
Hänschen klein
(@hanschen-klein)
Famed Member

We only have it for Friday night and Saturday I am afraid. Sorry Poacher, if I had known (I know, how could one have known, but you know what I mean) then I would have happily extended our stay for you.

Can I just confirm there is NO Camping Saturday night just Friday night???
Cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2012 3:51 pm
(@wladek)
Famed Member

correct

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/08/2012 3:53 pm
Hänschen klein
(@hanschen-klein)
Famed Member

Ummm :(

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2012 3:54 pm
(@wladek)
Famed Member

As it has said since February: viewtopic.php?f=214&t=14590&p=211312#p211312

Last time we offered both nights camping only the organisers stayed over.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/08/2012 3:57 pm
Hänschen klein
(@hanschen-klein)
Famed Member

Yes stupid of me not to look at that along with at least 4 others just not the norm. I will contact the others and see how this is going to pan out now. Was looking forward to the aftergame social as otherwise it is a teck back home tired and aching :(

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2012 4:10 pm
(@wladek)
Famed Member

staying over for two nights for a one day game is a pretty recent development over the last year, and is of use if you're running a game on the south coast, Wales or a northern equivalent. With a game in the Midlands the travelling time is not lopsided, so no one has to take 5-6 hours to get home.

Even with the games on the 'fringes', the second night has more often been sparsely populated, or non existent.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/09/2012 11:05 pm
MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

I'll be coming down on Saturday morning, what time do you want us on site? (I was aiming for 8-8.30, can do earlier), and will there be a sign at/near the entrance?

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/09/2012 7:54 am
(@wladek)
Famed Member

8.00 is fine, and I will put a sign up. I am pretty sure there is a 'grange farm' one, but I will make one for us as well.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/09/2012 8:22 am
Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

I've posted up directions on another thread...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/09/2012 8:23 am
MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

When getting sorted for a game, one of the first things I do is fill all my magazines with ammo.

As we are being issued ammunition for this game, do you want us to leave all our magazines empty and mag up during the game? Or have one with 0.2s in it for chronoing purposes, and the rest empty? Or something else?

Mr organised here is just planning what he needs to do on the day :)

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/09/2012 12:46 pm
(@wladek)
Famed Member

We are providing .25 bbs, if you want to use any other weight you will need to provide it yourself, so may as well mag up with it. (I am repeating this just so people know)

it makes sense to have one with .20 in it for Chrono-ing.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/09/2012 1:18 pm
 Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

Actually... no, don't bring one with 0.2g bbs in it.

Bring one that is empty.

I'll supply the .20g bbs for chronoing just before I do the actual chronoing, which makes it simpler knowing what is going through.

Which is a point, is anyone using 8mm bbs?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2012 9:58 am
Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Is there an opportunity to purchase consumables - specifically, gas?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/09/2012 6:16 pm
(@wladek)
Famed Member

No

(or at least not as far as I know, as we are providing the grenades which is what such shops normally sell at our events it felt superfluous to ask.)

I have some gas, but I have no idea what it is/where it is on scales of gassiness or such.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/09/2012 6:25 pm
dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

what kind of engagement distances are likely ?,i only ask as i may be using a lowish power rirle that suits german i.e. ak k98.if its all fairly close then im fine but if it turns into a sniper challenge then not so much and i'll have to use my other rifle a no4 .im hoping to improve the range of the k98 so it may be a moot point but just thought i'd ask.

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2012 4:41 pm
(@lardassmonkey)
Famed Member

I imagine things will be pretty up close since most if not all people will be running sub 350. The berms and size of the site will limit it, plus there should still be a fair amount of foliage this time of year.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2012 5:11 pm
(@wladek)
Famed Member

I imagine things will be pretty up close since most if not all people will be running sub 350. The berms and size of the site will limit it, plus there should still be a fair amount of foliage this time of year.

I concur

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/09/2012 7:32 pm
dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

cool

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2012 9:31 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: